Winning Cases for 20+ Years
$25 Million Wrongful Death
$4.8 Million Wrongful Death
$2.8 Million Personal Injury
“Not only are they highly competent and considerate, they care about their clients and work hard to ensure that the needs of the clients are met.” - Charity A.
Marianna Trucking Accident Attorney
Decades of Experience Representing Accident Victims Throughout Jackson County and the Florida Panhandle
Commercial trucks are huge, heavy vehicles that have a tendency to cause severe injuries to the other vehicles they collide with during accidents. While these drivers are required to follow laws about when to drive and for how long, they don’t always follow them. If you were injured because a truck driver or trucking company was negligent or irresponsible, call the Law Offices of B. Shannon Saunders, PA to get help from an experienced trucking accident lawyer in Jackson County. We are here to fight for you.
Call (850) 800-9088 now for a free consultation with our team. You can also contact the Law Offices of B. Shannon Saunders, P.A. online to speak with our experts in trucking accident law.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Many, if not most, trucking accidents are preventable. While commercial drivers receive training to avoid dangerous driving behaviors, there are many different causes of collisions.
These could include:
- Driver error: The most likely cause of a crash according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA), and includes driver fatigue, inattention, and substance abuse as some of the causes.
- Equipment failure: This can include design and manufacturing errors such as defective tires or mechanical issues including improperly maintained brakes.
- Weather conditions: Because of the heavy weight of trucks and their loads, braking distance is often affected in bad weather. Failure to adapt to local weather and road conditions causes many Florida truck accidents each year.
- Improper loading: Improper loading results in an imbalanced load which could cause a truck to topple over when it would otherwise remain balanced. Improper loading can also lead to an unsecured load, which can fall of the truck into the path of oncoming cars.
- Inadequate trucker qualifications: Shippers need to pay close attention to a driver’s compliance with FMSCA regulations to ensure the driver and equipment can transport the cargo safely. Improper selection of drivers and companies is a growing cause of Florida semi truck accidents.
Who Is at Fault? Understanding Truck Accident Liability
Determining fault in a Florida truck accident can be a complicated matter. There may be several vehicles involved, making extensive investigation necessary. Investigators must also determine whether government regulations about driving shifts were followed. Manufacturers of both the truck and the trailer, and owners of the shipping and loading company, may also be at fault. Make sure you have a personal injury lawyer who can help you examine the details of your case.
Here are some of the details investigators pay attention to when determining fault in a truck accident:
- Truck driver behavior: This includes whether the driver left enough distance between the truck and the car in front of him to stop, whether he made an extra wide right turn, and whether there were blind spots in his vision.
- Other driver behavior: Investigators will look at whether the other driver took sufficient precautions, including extra time for the truck to slow down, not driving too close behind the truck, and not driving in the “no zone”—the danger area around trucks where blind spots are likely to occur.
- State and federal regulations: Numerous federal and state laws govern the trucking industry, setting standards for trucking companies, truck owners, and truck drivers. A truck accident investigation includes evaluating whether involved parties were compliant with regulations.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accidents can be devastating, resulting in serious injuries and even death. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, it's important to seek legal representation right away. Here are a few reasons why:
- Truck accident cases can be complex. There may be multiple parties involved, including the truck driver, the trucking company, and the manufacturer of the truck or its parts.
- Insurance companies will try to pay you as little as possible. They may try to shift the blame onto you or downplay the severity of your injuries.
- An experienced truck accident attorney can help you navigate the legal system and fight for the compensation you deserve. This may include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
At Law Offices of B. Shannon Saunders, PA, our Marianna trucking accident attorneys have decades of experience representing accident victims throughout Jackson County and the Florida Panhandle. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don't pay us anything unless we win your case. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
Seeking Compensation for Truck Accident Injuries
Being involved in a truck accident can have devastating consequences, resulting in serious injuries and financial burdens. At Law Offices of B. Shannon Saunders, PA, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that a truck accident can take on you and your family. Our experienced Marianna truck accident attorneys are dedicated to helping accident victims seek the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
When pursuing a personal injury claim after a truck accident, it is important to consider the following:
- Medical expenses: Truck accidents often result in severe injuries that require extensive medical treatment, including surgeries, rehabilitation, and long-term care. We can help you recover compensation for your medical expenses, both current and future.
- Lost wages: If your injuries prevent you from returning to work, you may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages. Our attorneys will work diligently to calculate the full extent of your lost earnings and fight for fair compensation.
- Pain and suffering: Truck accidents can cause immense physical and emotional pain. We will advocate for your right to compensation for your pain and suffering, including emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and any other non-economic damages you have suffered.
- Wrongful death: If you have lost a loved one in a truck accident, we can help you pursue a wrongful death claim to seek justice and financial compensation for your loss.
Our team of skilled truck accident attorneys has the knowledge and resources to thoroughly investigate your case, gather evidence, and build a strong claim on your behalf. We will fight tirelessly to hold the responsible parties accountable and help you recover the maximum compensation available under the law.
Contact Law Offices of B. Shannon Saunders, PA today to schedule your free consultation with a trusted truck accident attorney. We are here to provide you with the guidance and support you need during this difficult time.
The Importance of Hiring a Truck Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you may be wondering if you need to hire an attorney. The truth is, truck accident cases can be complex and challenging to navigate on your own. It is in your best interest to seek the guidance of an experienced truck accident attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights.
Here are some reasons why you need a truck accident attorney:
- They can investigate the accident and gather evidence to build a strong case on your behalf.
- They can negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you receive fair compensation for your damages and injuries.
- They can represent you in court if necessary and fight for your rights.
- They can help you understand your legal options and make informed decisions about your case.
At Law Offices of B. Shannon Saunders, PA, our Marianna truck accident attorneys have decades of experience representing accident victims throughout Jackson County and the Florida Panhandle. We are dedicated to helping our clients obtain the compensation they deserve for their injuries and losses. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can help you.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Now is the time to begin planning your case to fight for the full and fair compensation to which you are entitled. Call the Law Offices of B. Shannon Saunders, PA to schedule a free consultation on your Florida semi truck accident case.
Call (850) 800-9088 now to begin pursuing a commercial vehicle accident settlement. Our truck accident attorneys proudly serve all of Jackson County and the surrounding area!